- Download the first 'DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip' at this page.
- Extract the zip file to its own folder and then run Installer.exe
- Choose an install path and also select your 'Saved Games' folder. 99% of the time the installer should already know where your saved games folder is.
- Click Install / Update DCS-SRS on the bottom left of the window
- Select your mic and then click on 'audio preview'. Talk into your mic and you should hear yourself thru your speakers. Adjust you mic boost slider while talking until you can easily hear yourself. Once finished click on 'stop preview'.
- Set your speaker boost to around 200%. I've found this works good for me but might be different for you. You can easily change this at any time while you're using SRS. NOTE: This might be significantly different with updated versions.
- Now click on settings up the top.
- Set auto connect prompt to on. With this turned on, if you connect to a multiplayer DCS server while SRS is open, it will automatically prompt you to connect to the associated SRS server.
- Set Radio Tx and Rx effects to on. This enables the 'mic click' effects on radio transmissions received and broadcast.
- Set Radio Switch works as PTT to on.
- Set your Radio 1, 2 and 3 speakers to left / right or both. This selects what speaker a received transmission from each radio is played thru.
- Set a key binding for Radio 1, 2 and 3. In aircraft like the A10C where you can transmit on each of the radios without moving a selector switch, you can broadcast on each radio using the key binds you set here. On aircraft where you have to select what radio you transmit on, you can use any of these 3 key binds to transmit on your selected radio.
- Also bind a key for the overlay. This is needed to use different frequencies on FC3 aircraft and also handy to ensure SRS is working / broadcasting and receiving correctly.
Thanks guys and hope I've been able to help. If you have any questions, please ask away. Enjoy yourselves and looking forward to seeing how you all like SRS.
16AGR SRS Servers:
USA East - srs.usaeast.16agr.com